Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Transformation Into a Beautiful Butterfly

After a joyous Monday spent perusing the inventory at Z Galleries, I was inspired to give my bedroom a little face lift. Specifically, I had been contemplating replacing my bedside nightstand. This piece was something that I had purchased from Target years ago- and needless to say, the markings and stains were evidence of its age. But before I invested in a brand new piece, I decided to try an come up with a more cost efficient solution.

Off to Michael's I went. While wandering the isles I found my answer- Mod Podge. Every crafter needs to know about this fabulous product. Mod Podge is an adhesive and sealant. The product is offered in two different finishes; matte and glossy. For this particular project, I selected the glossy finish.

The next decision I had to make was not so easy, which 12x12 patterned paper did I want to fall asleep and wake up to everyday?! At $1.00 a piece, I narrowed it down to three different patterns and decided to purchase them all.

Once home, it was clear which option I needed to choose. Ten minutes later, I had a new bedside nightstand that worked perfectly with the colors and décor in my bedroom. All without breaking the bank – total for my Sunday makeover? $9.65!

1 comment: