Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sealed With A... Fleur-de-lis?

Birthdays have always been a BIG deal in the Ferrai Family; therefore, when my sister turns 30 (come February 19), you better believe a ruckus will be made. In preparation for the big day, my mother and I have tag-teamed to produce a wonderful weekend in wine country, something my wine connoisseur sister will adore. My sister also has an adoration for the color purple, gold, and the fleur-de-lis (okay maybe not an adoration, but she really likes these things).

As an early birthday present, I decided to make handmade custom invitations that had Tiffany's name all over them. After a quick trip to Paper Source the crafting began...

The envelopes were lined with purple tissue paper for a softer and more feminine look

The birthday girl's favorite symbol was used to seal the invitations with gold sealing wax

Cheers to the Birthday Girl!

2 comments:

  1. These invites are gorgeous! Just found your business and blog through Vinny Frye's portfolio (of Roulston Love Frye). She did my biz cards a few years back. Anyways, I'm a big Paper Source fan, and I love your use of their new color- fig!
    - Alison @ thistleandplum.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Alison! I just LOVE Paper Source- I am overwhelmed with a sense of happiness the moment I walk through those double doors. If I ever find myself in a creative lull off to Paper Source I go!

    ReplyDelete